Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 3 of 254 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Early January would be a dream come true, but it's hard to get your hopes up with Sky.

Originally Posted by BML View Post

My collection is finally complete! Well, until the elusive debut album finally comes to fruition. I just demand that the cover not be in black and white.
    What is the first CD, on the left?

TeenIdle
    Originally Posted by sn1572 View Post
    What is the first CD, on the left?
    The 17 single, I believe.

It's the promo for One actually, I have it too!

Got them all, apart from the Obsession one because it's shit. Looking forward to my copy of Ghost arriving now! I'd also like to see an album cover in colour, although I have this vague recollection that she posted an image that she wanted to be the over ages ago and it was just as colourless.

Originally Posted by clockworknovak View Post
    Those aren't the lyrics, Rene.
    What are they, then? That's what I hear, but lord knows Sky mumbles out some things I'd never guess.
    lost in my bedroom

I think it's

I've been hating everything
    everything that could have been
    could have been my anything
    now everything's embarrassing.

Originally Posted by Rhombus View Post
    It's the promo for One actually, I have it too!
    Thanks! I thought it was some kind of promo CD or sampler.

I really liked that cover for "One", much better than the album art attached to it on all the digital stores.

I still can't really decide whether I prefer the radio edit of "One" or the "album" version (wouldn't it be nice if she included "One" as a bonus track on the album when it comes out in 2021)?
    "I gave the doorman ecstasy."

I'd go with album version, purely because it makes the song longer and does a little bit more with the bridge. It's a shame there's not going to be any Bloodshy & Avant on the album.

Yeah, I much prefer the album version also, solely because of that last stretched out and spacey 'Oneeee' before the breakdown that's not included on the radio edit. And of course, as 01lander mentioned, it just makes the song longer.
    Party people crazy party wow wow wow

The middle 8 is one of the best things in a song, ever. It's so good.
    Feel the music in my head, yeah this night I won't forget et-et-et-et

The song is one of the best pop songs ever.

I love 'One', but I'm glad she's moving in a slightly more "alternative" direction for the album.
    "Even though you dance like Taylor Swift after a red bull" - Knifer
    http://instagram.com/drewhnovak

Originally Posted by clockworknovak View Post
    I love 'One', but I'm glad she's moving in a slightly more "alternative" direction for the album.
    Me too. Ghost EP is so good it made me forget about As If! Excited to see how things are going to turn around for her.

Originally Posted by May Queen View Post
    Early January would be a dream come true, but it's hard to get your hopes up with Sky.
    Indeed. I'm ready to see early January becoming Spring 2013 at least. An album supposedly set for release in early January with no official release date and no single release date yet?

I didn't know there were two versions of Everything is Embarrassing.

I have the EP one, what's the difference with the other version and where can i hear it?

Originally Posted by orbison View Post
    I didn't know there were two versions of Everything is Embarrassing.

I have the EP one, what's the difference with the other version and where can i hear it?
    The other version is just the demo basically. It's still here: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/...-embarrassing/

It's less polished overall. The most obvious difference being the vocals in the chorus. I think I may prefer it to the EP version.
    Party people crazy party wow wow wow

I feel like her current output is a lot more coheisve and seems to have a genuine direction to it. With her earlier stuff, it was all a bit haphazzard, and it was obvious that even she didn't know what type of artist she wanted to be. But that being said, I'd still say that my top 2 or 3 Sky songs come from that period of her career.

It's funny really. Ghost does feel more cohesive, and yet it's such an eclectic mix.

The other version is just the demo basically. It's still here: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/...-embarrassing/

It's less polished overall. The most obvious difference being the vocals in the chorus. I think I may prefer it to the EP version.

Thank you! :)

My collection is finally complete! Well, until the elusive debut album finally comes to fruition. I just demand that the cover not be in black and white.
    I have these 4, plus the One UK remixes promo and the 2nd Obsession USA promo with all the remixes on, too. I've not seen a promo for 17 (or a 1 track Red Lips).

Are any of the Obsession remixes good?

Anybody nelse going to her Los Angeles show tonight? It should be good. I'll try to get videos.
    Last edited by Arcosmusic; November 13, 2012 at 02:17.
    Check out my synthpop band at http://www.tragicblondes.com

Originally Posted by Mister Unicorn View Post
    I think it's

I've been hating everything
    everything that could have been
    could have been my anything
    now everything's embarrassing.
    I don't hear her saying 'hating' at all
    lost in my bedroom

Originally Posted by Rene View Post
    I don't hear her saying 'hating' at all
    If you listen to the live performances on YouTube it makes it a little clearer!