Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I'm a bit over her but if that single cover is any indication it'll hopefully mean she dropped the faux-gaga-ness and has embraced the Natalia-ness.

Bad Disney Princess should be her USP.
    I'm ready to be in control, and the ground isn't good enough for me.

Get that Polish Top 75 Airplay [Int'l] SMASH! Queen Verbz finna shutdown the whole edgy/noir/artsy-pop game!
    Praise the Lord't.

Originally Posted by DanielS94 View Post
    Bad Disney Princess should be her USP.
    Yeah! She should even change her name to Princess Die!

I get what you're saying about the "middle ground" although I really enjoyed the album in its entirety at first. Now that almost two years have passed, I take away from it a pretty fantastic EP:

Wonderland
    Free
    Zombie
    Love Is A Suicide
    Mirrors
    Superficial

Any Kills EP would be incomplete without 'Broke' and 'Break You Hard'.
    Last edited by clockworknovak; September 05, 2012 at 16:49.

A reduced track list, to make an EP, without Nothing Lasts Forever?

Perfectionist is one of the best, most cohesive and atmospheric albums of recent times. I really do rate it incredibly highly. A good 8.5 at least.

What more else is there to say with this woman, really? I hope she keeps the same aesthetic. No, it's not going to ever sell. Yes, it has an unfortunate similarity another artist had. But it's really quite terrific. I can do without bandwagon club hopping here.

Originally Posted by LewJB View Post
    I can do without bandwagon club hopping here.
    Do we know that's what's going to occur? Or are you just inferring that based on something of which I'm unaware?

Perfectionist was great, I hope the single being released "soon" really is going to be soon this time around, because I could definitely use some new material from Ms. Kills

Originally Posted by clockworknovak View Post
    Do we know that's what's going to occur? Or are you just inferring that based on something of which I'm unaware?
    Oh, no, I seldom read up on the woman and have no idea. I just hope that's not what happens. I know she did Champaign Showers and that Ravage Me thing. Then there's Kill My Boyfriend. To be honest I think it's inevitable this will end up being a bit more commercial.

She already said in an interview that it's going to follow the lines of Break You Hard and Nothing Lasts Forever, so I'd say no hopping on bandwagons. She also said she'd stay away from dance or house/trance music.
    Anyway, the single cover is pretty much amazing. Didn't expect anything less from her. Controversy sounds like a good title to be honest.
    And Perfectionist > The Fame. By a mile.

As long as the music isn't clubpop or LOLpop I'll be happy.

'Broke' is clearly her best song.
    Last.fm | Discogs "DO you even believe yourself? I get you stan & everything but stop lying to yourself."

I might enjoy this track once I get past the bizarre American twang.

Originally Posted by truman View Post
    Yeah! She should even change her name to Princess Die!
    Didn't Ricky Gervais do that as a joke in his episode of The Simpsons?

Perfect.
    I'm ready to be in control, and the ground isn't good enough for me.

THE TOP KNOT IS GONE! FUCKING YES!

Oh... well what do you know! She's done a Q&A on Twitter and from it, we can gather that:

1) Controversy is not the first single, or even a song. It’s the album intro telling what’s wrong with this generation and a video piece will be released for it. As said by Natalia, “Controversy is to “Trouble” what Zombie is to “Perfectionist” … a visual teaser before the first single arrives!”
    2) Trouble will be more pop compared to the more dark feel Perfectionist had.
    3) She will be announcing the name of the first single in less than 6 weeks with the release of it this year after the video teaser for Controversy.
    4) The album will be released in 2013.
    5) She will be touring for the album.

UM, 'Controversy' is awesome! If that's the intro to the album, this album is going to be killer (heh).

Did she say something about friends with Mollie? Oh, Natalia. Controversy, indeed.

Originally Posted by Kirkland View Post
    I might enjoy this track once I get past the bizarre American twang.
    Hahaha. Welcome to the last couple of years of Natalia.

So is Controversy basically the Perfection of the album? She says it's not a song but then says it's the Zombie of the era.

Originally Posted by 01lander View Post
    So is Controversy basically the Perfection of the album? She says it's not a song but then says it's the Zombie of the era.
    I'm guessing that it compares to Zombie in the sense that it is the first visual taste we are getting from the era, and it compares to Perfectionist in the sense that it will not be a song.

I hope she comes back to Philadelphia, she was so sweet when I saw her last year.