Bad Disney Princess should be her USP.
I'm a bit over her but if that single cover is any indication it'll hopefully mean she dropped the faux-gaga-ness and has embraced the Natalia-ness.
Get that Polish Top 75 Airplay [Int'l] SMASH! Queen Verbz finna shutdown the whole edgy/noir/artsy-pop game!
Praise the Lord't.
I get what you're saying about the "middle ground" although I really enjoyed the album in its entirety at first. Now that almost two years have passed, I take away from it a pretty fantastic EP:
Love Is A Suicide
Any Kills EP would be incomplete without 'Broke' and 'Break You Hard'.
Last edited by clockworknovak; September 05, 2012 at 16:49.
Perfectionist is one of the best, most cohesive and atmospheric albums of recent times. I really do rate it incredibly highly. A good 8.5 at least.
What more else is there to say with this woman, really? I hope she keeps the same aesthetic. No, it's not going to ever sell. Yes, it has an unfortunate similarity another artist had. But it's really quite terrific. I can do without bandwagon club hopping here.
Perfectionist was great, I hope the single being released "soon" really is going to be soon this time around, because I could definitely use some new material from Ms. Kills
She already said in an interview that it's going to follow the lines of Break You Hard and Nothing Lasts Forever, so I'd say no hopping on bandwagons. She also said she'd stay away from dance or house/trance music.
Anyway, the single cover is pretty much amazing. Didn't expect anything less from her. Controversy sounds like a good title to be honest.
And Perfectionist > The Fame. By a mile.
'Broke' is clearly her best song.
"so much of who we are, is from who... who first taught us how to love"
[Kelis - FOOD (2014)]
Oh... well what do you know! She's done a Q&A on Twitter and from it, we can gather that:
1) Controversy is not the first single, or even a song. It’s the album intro telling what’s wrong with this generation and a video piece will be released for it. As said by Natalia, “Controversy is to “Trouble” what Zombie is to “Perfectionist” … a visual teaser before the first single arrives!”
2) Trouble will be more pop compared to the more dark feel Perfectionist had.
3) She will be announcing the name of the first single in less than 6 weeks with the release of it this year after the video teaser for Controversy.
4) The album will be released in 2013.
5) She will be touring for the album.
UM, 'Controversy' is awesome! If that's the intro to the album, this album is going to be killer (heh).
Did she say something about friends with Mollie? Oh, Natalia. Controversy, indeed.
So is Controversy basically the Perfection of the album? She says it's not a song but then says it's the Zombie of the era.
I hope she comes back to Philadelphia, she was so sweet when I saw her last year.