Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    She started working on her fourth album around March or April, and she says after her tour wraps up this month, she'll be in the studio for two months finishing it up, with the single coming out in December.

(around the 2-minute mark)
    Last edited by RainOnFire; March 31, 2013 at 19:59.

Very excited for this!! When does the x-factor finish? I'm guessing she'll have a performance spot?
    http://robblobblob.tumblr.com/

'Give Your Heart a Break' is still selling like hotcakes, so I'm guessing there's no time for 'Unbroken' as a single. A big shame, but I guess that the X Factor would better serve a launch pad for her fourth album as opposed to a pair of defibulators for album number three.

I'm curious to see what type of sound she serves up. It would feel a strange regression if she went to the pop-rock sounds of 'Here We Go Again', but similarly, neither the dated up-tempos or the syrupy ballads on her last album really did much for me.

I'm excited, though.

I'll try to find the interview for you, but she said something like "I don't want to compare it to Adele because no one can do Adele, but it's a lot more soulful this time around". I'm guessing it'll be an album full of songs like Stop the World and World of Chances, which I couldn't be happier about.

She also mentioned the possibility of Shut Up & Love Me appearing on this album, so we can possibly look forward to that as well.

I'm kind of at an odd place with this. One half of me really wants Unbroken as a single, because it'd undoubtedly smash harder than Give Your Heart a Break did, but at the same time, I don't want her to continuously promote what is easily her worst album to date. Skyscraper/Give Your Heart a Break/Unbroken would easily be the strongest singles campaign any Disney girl has had however, but it might be better for her to promote an album on the X-Factor that would showcase her maturity more than the slumber-party music of Unbroken.

WORLD OF CHANCES yes, please!
    Last.fm | Discogs "I know my positions in this world and fucked ain't one, now can I get a AMEN!

I think it's best to move on from Unbroken. GYHAB is still doing so well, rose from #18 to #17 on the Hot 100 this week, and the album seems to have 'stabilized'. By the time X-factor debuts she'll have plenty off press and Unbroken will be a year old so it'd be a total waste releasing another single.
    When she says soulful I think of Every time you Lie and My Love is Like a Star as well. To me, Electro-Rock/Power Pop is the next logical step she should be taking. Think Kelly Clarksons last two albums.
    Last edited by RadarX; August 30, 2012 at 03:56.

That's so weird that she was at our State Fair yesterday, I had no clue. Anyway, hopefully this album won't be another disjointed, dated mess. I'm thinking now that her profile is a bit higher nowadays she might can reel in a few decent hits.
    Party people crazy party wow wow wow

Hmm. That's kind of too bad. I can see her wanting to release new music to take advantage of X Factor, but she has some good single options left in Unbroken, Fix A Heart, Lightweight, even Who's That Boy is pretty decent.

Unpopular opinion ahoy: Unbroken is her best album.

So excited for this. One of the most underrated pop artists out there.
    Born to run, get ahead of the rest.

Unbroken and I have a love-hate relationship. It has some of my absolute favorite songs by her (Unbroken, Skyscraper, Give Your Heart a Break, Fix a Heart, Lightweight) but also three of the worst songs I've ever heard from a Disney girl (the three collaborations).

I'd love to see her smash the world to smithereens with the title track, but I'm never going to complain about new music.
    1. Lykke Li 2. Tinashe 3. Cher Lloyd 4. FKA Twigs 5. Banks

Originally Posted by Jonathan27 View Post
    Unbroken and I have a love-hate relationship. It has some of my absolute favorite songs by her (Unbroken, Skyscraper, Give Your Heart a Break, Fix a Heart, Lightweight) but also three of the worst songs I've ever heard from a Disney girl (the three collaborations).

I'd love to see her smash the world to smithereens with the title track, but I'm never going to complain about new music.
    As usual, you speak the truth my friend!

Erm, 'Who's That Boy' is ah-muhzing.
    I love freaks, I don't care if you're a wild one. [instagram]

Originally Posted by Sinful View Post
    Erm, 'Who's That Boy' is ah-muhzing.
    I revoke my proposal.
    1. Lykke Li 2. Tinashe 3. Cher Lloyd 4. FKA Twigs 5. Banks

The single is now coming in November:

Demi Lovato always honors her roots and where she comes from.

The 20-year-old star is having one of the best year's in her career thanks to her chart-topping track, "Give Your Heart a Break." Demi is also ruling the judge's table on X Factor, which she shares with Simon Cowell, LA Reid, and Britney Spears.

Back in Latina's December/January issue, the Texan native spoke to us about what she loved most about being Latina. “Latina culture means warm family gatherings, special stories and a bond that I love to experience."

She continued, "I feel so much love and comfort when I’m with [the Latino] side of my family. It makes me proud of my culture and my ethnicity.”

Demi is expected to release the first single off of her fourth studio album this November.

I can't believe her sister is Juanita Solis from Desperate Housewives. That still weirds me out.
    The Janines...

Originally Posted by Robsolete View Post
    I can't believe her sister is Juanita Solis from Desperate Housewives. That still weirds me out.
    NO! I had no idea! They look nothing alike...

Ewwww, that is incredibly strange.
    "Ardent Rihanna mud-slinger"

So excited for this! Her X Factor performance of the new single better be epic.

vasilios

Half sister

A radio station (933FLZ) tweeted that the new single is coming on March 4, but then later deleted it. Not sure if that means the info is false, or if Hollywood Records made them take it down.

Either way, I guess we have a date to look forward to...!

Oh she's still on Hollywood Records? Well let's hope for a really solid album, because there will be one single from it and no promotion. Maybe a 2nd single 7 months later.

Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Oh she's still on Hollywood Records? Well let's hope for a really solid album, because there will be one single from it and no promotion. Maybe a 2nd single 7 months later.
    Unfortunately. They probably have the twisted state of mind that since they released Give Your Heart a Break more than half a year after Skyscraper and it turned out better than okay, they can do the same again.

It's unlikely to happen before the album, but hopefully after the album, we get the usual "irreconcilable differences" thing and she splits from them.

Give Your Heart A Break was actually amazing but the rest of the album was bland.

All Night Long was a #1 in the waiting. Stupid, stupid Hollywood Records.
    In a room full of dying hearts
    Let it bleed, let it bleed

I would've actually liked a re-release of her last album with 'Aftershock' as the lead single. What a (wasted) and brilliant song. More of that please Demi. In fact I need this new record to be her Breakaway/Best Damn Thing/Funhouse. Not that her first two albums aren't ace but I just need her to serve a banging lead single that will smash and flawless rounds of promo... unfortunately her label poses a problem.
    Why, WHY is she still on Hollywood Records? How did Miley get away from them?