Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Confirmed producers thus far: LO-FI-FNK, RedOne, Anders Hansson, Johan Kronlund, Niklas Bergwall & Tony Nilsson!!

Im expecting after his latest twitter post were get some news on the single Friday yay.

Let's hope RedOne can dish up another 'Breathing Your Love' which in an ideal world would of been a worldwide smash.
    I have high hopes for this with Niklas Bergwall being behind some of the best Kate Ryan tracks and LO-FI-FNK could be amazing!.
    Last edited by weatherconor; January 22, 2013 at 23:00.

So the new Darin era is almost upon us.

He twittered:
    It's time to unlock the new single cover art http://bit.ly/zad8Af #nobodyknows via @DarinOfficial
    The link is to his facebook and if you like it's suppose to unlock the single cover art but not enough people have liked it/ tweeted about it yet, hopefully it's revealed soon.

And he also said yesterday:
    Me and my dancers rehearsing for something i'm really excited about….. :) pic.twitter.com/ayMR0gvh
    He has been working with some great people. I am really excited and ready for new Darin music. I'm guessing the new single is called Nobody Knows?
    Someone call the doctor...too much....overdose

Should I check out Darin?
    I'm not too big on male popstars, but I do love Eric Saade and quite like Ola..

Absolutely Mvnl! He is my favorite male popstar. His voice is great and he is amazing live.

My favorite album of his is Flashback (it's the album Breathing Your Love is from, it's electropop but with R&B influences) but if you want great straight up pop first then I think I'd start off with his most recent album, Lovekiller. It's a great album. The song Lovekiller is really fantastic.

I want another Lovekiller. Still love that song!
    01 The Tension And The Spark 02 Happiness 03 Very

Wow, Lo-Fi-Fnk?! That's pretty underground. Very surprised to see DARIN working with them.

Originally Posted by Mvnl
    He is far superior to Eric and Ola!
    The scar you left can't be repaired.

Originally Posted by JakeMagnus
    I want another Lovekiller. Still love that song!
    Me too (obviously)

Really I'd like a mix of Flashback and Lovekiller - the great up-tempo stuff, but also the big ballads. And it sounds like that what' the next album's going to be.

Originally Posted by AcerBen
    He is far superior to Eric and Ola!
    Well, I was mostly checking if his music is similar to theirs..

New Single cover, apparently it may be one of the RedOne tracks, not confirmed though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awJFaeM--IA
    You can here a smidge of it in this.

Hmm I suppose it's going to be a song that sounds like everything else in the charts, which isn't really what I would hope for from a selfish point of view, but I guess if it helps launch him outside of Sweden it's all good. I don't think he's ever had a hit in France before, so random for him to be doing interviews there already

I love the single cover! And I agree with AcerBen, I was hoping for something a little different but I'm excited to hear it in full. I hope he continues to do interviews and stuff across Europe. I'd love for him to have some hits outside of Sweden.

I love Darin, looking forward to the new album, and with track produced by Lo-Fi-Fnk should be fantastic.

I'm revisiting "The Anthem" right now, it's been years. "Money For Nothing" is amazing, I forgot how much I loved that song.

x

vasilios

He is the Rihanna to their Livvi Franc and Shontelle.
    Much much much, better music and image/clips.

So true.

Originally Posted by Black Melody
    I love Darin, looking forward to the new album, and with track produced by Lo-Fi-Fnk should be fantastic.

I'm revisiting "The Anthem" right now, it's been years. "Money For Nothing" is amazing, I forgot how much I loved that song.

x
    The Anthem is a great album. Money For Nothing, What Is Love, The Way I Am and Encore, Otra Vez, One More Time are all great. And I Can See You Girl is still my favorite Darin song. He sings that song so good live.

I still listen to the Flashback album regularly.
    Breathing Your Love, Roadtrip, Paradise, Dance & Brought Me Back are all still stunning.

Only You Can Save Me is one of my faves

vasilios
    Brought Me Back

No love for "Microphone?" "It's time for some fucking recognition!" Word, Darin. Word.

Originally Posted by Christopher
    No love for "Microphone?" "It's time for some fucking recognition!" Word, Darin. Word.
    I quite like it but it sounds like they couldn't be bothered to finish it. It should go big in the last minute but it just sounds like they sellotaped the first chorus to the end of it and said that'll do.

I've been listening to Magnum Radio the last couple of hours in the hope they'll play the blasted thing but no joy so far. I guess it will be out officially this week anyway

The lyrics!

VERS
    I'm lost in the streets in the city of pain
    I learned how to cry, how to go insane
    Your love, because of your love
    The gypsy woman in the corner knows my name
    But still she couldn't tell when you're back again

PRE
    Nobody knows
    Nobody knows
    Nobody knows
    Nobody knows

CHORUS
    Can you feel my heart
    I can feel your speed
    Faster every second
    Dancing to the beat
    What's love, nobody knows

VERS
    Trapped in the fire I used to see in your eyes
    Swallowing my pride struggling to stay alive
    I'm looking like power cause I know how to hide
    The scars and the hours I pretend to be fine

BREAK
    What is love
    Do we know, do we know
    What is love
    Do we know, do we know
    Nobody knows

The single is out on Friday. And apparently he's doing a Robyn / Eric Saade and will be releasing two mini-albums - one in April, one in August. Excite!

Darin tweeted me *swoon*

I basically said he was amazing and asked whether he was coming to the UK this year and he said

Thank you so much! Hopefully!!

I really hope he does promote to the UK!

Originally Posted by AcerBen
    The single is out on Friday. And apparently he's doing a Robyn / Eric Saade and will be releasing two mini-albums - one in April, one in August. Excite!
    Exciting times! I like that he is doing the mini album thing. And I can't wait to hear the Break part of the song! Hoping for some really good adlibs there.