Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1756
    Originally Posted by xondus View Post
    Hehe, easy mistake to make! I do it all the time. And agreed, it's a dark song heavy on the dubstep influences, it doesn't fit in with all the mushy stuff being released and pushed just before Christmas. Cold, bleak January would be perfect for it. Oh well.
    I don't think it really matters. It's released close enough to new year to still have strong sales in January when all the Christmas gash is sliding down the charts. It could still end up with a decent peak.

Also as far as bleak is concerned....well what about that Christmas number 1, Mad World? I can visualise a brilliant X Factor performance of Figure 8, if thay can wangle one.

Plus....chart battle! She's going head-to-head with Marina's How To Be A Heartbreaker. On NO!!!
    "Black, white, straight, gay....what's the difference? We all finish ourselves off in the end anyway".

HELL YEAH! The cover is GORGEOUS.
    Stanning over Queen Goulding since 2009.

Originally Posted by bichard View Post
    Plus....chart battle! She's going head-to-head with Marina's How To Be A Heartbreaker.!
    Oh hahahaha. That should be quite fun.

My CD still hasn't arrived yet... Damn you play.com! I really wanted to order the deluxe edition but the cover was so awful, I couldn't face it. I'll just download the extra tracks, if they are even any good?

Oh and I keep hearing 'Only You' (I think?) here and there, and I think it would make a decent single!

Now that 'Figure 8' is the official second single, we just need 'JOY', 'My Blood', and 'Only You' to round out the campaign. Stellar run, I'd say.

It's a good single choice, just a stupid time to release it.

Originally Posted by RJF View Post
    It's a good single choice, just a stupid time to release it.
    Why? I think if we were to go a more traditional "Christmassy" route, 'JOY' would have been perfect, but 'Figure 8' will certainly stand out a bit more on the radio among all the soppy ballads.

Originally Posted by clockworknovak View Post
    Now that 'Figure 8' is the official second single, we just need 'JOY', 'My Blood', and 'Only You' to round out the campaign. Stellar run, I'd say.
    RIGHT ON, can I please get a big performance/video for Dead in the Water as well?
    I CAN'T HELP THE WAY I'M FEELING, GODDESS OF LOVE, PLEASE TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER - Stefani

It's more likely to just get lost in the end of year shuffle where everyone ceases to give a shit. I'd like it to do well as it's one of the best tracks, but releasing it right now seems like they're just throwing it into oblivion slightly as she's not the kind of artist who can really float in these sort of times (Insert dead in the water joke here...).

It's not really news, is it? It was listed on the front of the album as the second single.

Good stuff though!
    Sixty-nine is the only dinner for two.

Originally Posted by Alphableat View Post
    It's not really news, is it? It was listed on the front of the album as the second single.

Good stuff though!
    Those stickers seem to mean fuck all these days. It's nice to get some real confirmation.

There's a difference between 'featuring x and y' and 'featuring the singles x and y'. It's all a question of sentence formation!
    Sixty-nine is the only dinner for two.

Originally Posted by Alphableat View Post
    There's a difference between 'featuring x and y' and 'featuring the singles x and y'. It's all a question of sentence formation!
    I swear most of these stickers say "single", and then they don't do it anyway!

Well, after being totally indifferent and disappointed on this album I have grown to enjoy the ride from track 1 to 6 (especially Only You and Halcyon) and a couple of the bonus tracks aren't too shabby. The balladry fest in between is just not my thing.

I am excited to see her live next year.
    Last edited by He; November 17, 2012 at 14:22.

Originally Posted by clockworknovak View Post
    Those stickers seem to mean fuck all these days. It's nice to get some real confirmation.
    They also meant fuck-all back in 2001. My copy of No Doubt's Rock Steady still has a sticker to this day claiming that it "includes the singles Hey Baby, Making Out and Underneath It All". Sadly, the best song on the album still remains unreleased!!!
    "Black, white, straight, gay....what's the difference? We all finish ourselves off in the end anyway".

I really don't like the artwork for this campaign.
    Mount your goddess.
    Soundcloud / Last.fm

Originally Posted by Hunterpoop View Post
    I really don't like the artwork for this campaign.
    I like it's cohesion, but I'm a bit over glamour shots of Ellie, pretty though she is.

Let's just be glad she isn't whipping her hair back and forth on it.
    Born to run, get ahead of the rest.

I haven't bought this album yet, but I listened to Figure 8 yesterday and I liked it.

Bought this on a whim tonight - damn, what kind of flawless album?! Hanging On is so good. I love the weird auto-tuned shrieked part.
    I'm working up a sweat, dripping down my neck

Figure 8 is one of 2/3 songs on the album I really love, so that's good news.
    http://www.badinitials.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Bought this on a whim tonight - damn, what kind of flawless album?! Hanging On is so good. I love the weird auto-tuned shrieked part.
    THAT PART IS SO GOOD.
    Mount your goddess.
    Soundcloud / Last.fm

There's a link for the Figure 8 video on Youtube but it's private at the moment.

:(

It's here. I like it. It doesn't have some big proper concept like Anything Could Happen. But it's nice in its simplicity. And it's a pretty visual. Ellie looks gorgeous too.