Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
    Originally Posted by tylerc904 View Post
    Only You was my instant favorite, though Figure 8 and Atlantis have usurped it.
    See, Atlantis is probably the only song I don't really care about. Love the verses, but she sounds like a snotty ten-year-old on the chorus. I just spend the whole time wishing she'd blown her nose before recording it.
    Sixty-nine is the only dinner for two.

'Atlantis' is gorgeous. There's literally not a track on my deluxe edition I could get rid of though. It's certainly my album of the year.

Originally Posted by bichard View Post
    Personally I think if they're going for a Christmas-heartbreak-slowie with a possible X Factor performance Joy would be the best bet (I prefer the devastating Dead In The Water, but I can't really see it as a single). Maybe Joy could do with a slight remix effort to bring the percussion in sooner though.
    I absolutely love Joy, especially the strings. Never really considered it would become a single but if this actually happened it would be killer!

Originally Posted by Alphableat View Post
    but she sounds like a snotty ten-year-old on the chorus. I just spend the whole time wishing she'd blown her nose before recording it.
    That's why I love it! She sounds so desperate.
    #NOBLUES // we bad, u mad lost.fm

Seems like Halcyon is 5.99 on Play.com for today only if anyone in this thread hasn't got it already? (Highly unlikely!)

Originally Posted by Blodskur View Post
    Seems like Halcyon is 5.99 on Play.com for today only if anyone in this thread hasn't got it already? (Highly unlikely!)
    I actually don't have the album yet. Thanks for that! Gonna order it when I get in tonight, bargain!

Is it just me or does the CD version of Figure 8 sound slightly heavier than the iTunes version?
    Visit SOPHIERAZZI for Sophie Ellis-Bextor info

I only have the CD version...

Bittersweet is here.

Very well done. I must give Skrillex props for keeping the production nice and simple and really allowing Ellie's ethereal vocals to shine. The gibberish bits are the highlight for me. So gorgeous.

Oh my. That is really an excellent track. It's clear Skrillex toned down his "Skrillexness" for that one. Stunning stuff.

I fucking love Ellie.

Nice.

Doesn't come close to Halycon though. Not even the bonustracks.

Ok no, the Calvin Harris song should have been replaced by this.

I still love 'I Need Your Love'. I would've been OK with chucking out the 'Hanging On' with Tinie Tempah for this one.

Ya need a MRI.

I Need Your Love is where love goes to die.

I'm with clockwork on I Need Your Love. I don't get why you all hate on it so much. I love the "WOM-WOM-WOM-POW"-beat, and Ellie's vocals are really good on it.
    Born to run, get ahead of the rest.

Mailer has just been sent out and Figure 8 has just been confirmed as the 2nd single.
    Confirming what we pretty much already knew really, wasn't it?

My Blood has to be a single at some point!
    Be who you are and say what you feel; for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss

Originally Posted by HeartSwells View Post
    That's why I love it! She sounds so desperate.
    Same, I always thought it was intentional.

Originally Posted by StratusJM View Post
    Same, I always thought it was intentional.
    It's clearly intentional, as her vocals have never sounded like that in anything else she's ever done. It's brilliant.

Originally Posted by KamikazeHeart View Post
    I'm with clockwork on I Need Your Love. I don't get why you all hate on it so much. I love the "WOM-WOM-WOM-POW"-beat, and Ellie's vocals are really good on it.
    Me too! Love it.

I just love Ellie so much more this campaign.
    Last.fm | Discogs "DO you even believe yourself? I get you stan & everything but stop lying to yourself."

God, Skrillex is so good when he's not shit.
    Mount your goddess.
    Soundcloud / Last.fm

A round up of a few things:

- "Bittersweet" sounds rather good indeed.
    - "Atlantis" works purely because of the desolation she's able to convey in the chorus. It works perfectly with "Dead In The Water" with the idea of her being abandoned.
    - "I Need Your Love" is fucking terrible. What is wrong with some of you?

I saw her latest video at some gay bar and thought her face looked a bit scary.

You're talking about her latest no-eyebrows-look?

I still really don't understand that look. I don't think I ever will. I don't know if I'd say she looks scary in the Anything Could Happen video. But she definitely looks extremely weird.

I doubt it was done on purpose. If it was, someone should get fired.

I think she looked fine. It helped with the otherworldly vibe they were going for in 'Anything Could Happen'. People give her too much crap over the way she looks.