Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
    Originally Posted by KamikazeHeart View Post
    I can't handle trash talking Anything Could Happen. It's in my top three of Ellie-songs.
    That isn't proper justification! [/troll]

It's just terrible. I'd rather listen to Spectacular by Kiely Williams first.

Well that's a bit unfair since I'd listen to that before most things really.
    Mount your goddess.
    Soundcloud / Last.fm

Originally Posted by Hunterpoop View Post
    Well that's a bit unfair since I'd listen to that before most things really.
    I actually would too. The video especially when she wakes up with Predator in bed with her.

'Anything Could Happen' is almost mantra-like. Once it clicks, the repetitive nature of the track becomes one of its greatest strengths. That, and the production is sublime, Ellie's yelping vocals give me all the right tingles, and the track just builds and builds and builds. I love everything about it, even if some of you don't. I'm OK with that.

"Anything Could Happen" is like a gigantic hug.

Originally Posted by Mister Unicorn View Post
    From Satan!

PREACH! It really sounds astronomical live!
    Stanning over Queen Goulding since 2009.

My 'Polaroid' came too, I'm actually quite fond of it:

Not peeled the film of the back yet, don't think I will.

Saying 'I hate "Anything Could Happen"!' is like saying 'I love to kick puppies!'
    Does that make you a bad person? You decide. (It does.)

Ugly, poorly-produced, shrill puppies who have no place in this world and no justification for their existence.

(Although it does sound quite terrible when you put it that way.)
    Mount your goddess.
    Soundcloud / Last.fm

Anything Could Happen is one of the middling songs on the album for me, but I totally see why it was chosen for lead single. It bridges the gap best between Lights and Halcyon. Releasing anything else first would have come as a bit of a shock to fans I think as everything else is so much darker.

Still, Figure 8, Dead In The Water, Joy, My Blood, Only You, Hanging On, Atlantis and Halcyon are all much better, if less instant.

Personally I think if they're going for a Christmas-heartbreak-slowie with a possible X Factor performance Joy would be the best bet (I prefer the devastating Dead In The Water, but I can't really see it as a single). Maybe Joy could do with a slight remix effort to bring the percussion in sooner though.

For me, the other obvious singles are Figure 8 and Only You. My Blood could work too I reckon.
    "So you like show tunes? That doesn't mean you're gay. It just means you're AWFUL".

Figure 8, Joy, My Blood, then Halcyon to close. Perfect singles.
    1. Lykke Li 2. Sky Ferreira 3. Charli XCX 4. Foxes 5. Lana Del Rey

When picturing Anything Could Happen live with a huge budget, I'd love to see it as a celebration of the power of humanity. The song just gives me positive vibes of the things we can achieve. I'd love to see this used with it live. It could be a really powerful number.

Originally Posted by Jonathan27 View Post
    Figure 8, Joy, My Blood, then Halcyon to close. Perfect singles.
    My Blood HAS to be a SINGLE.

Posted this a few pages back, I still think a month on from writing it, it would be perfect!

December/January - Figure 8
    April - My Blood
    June - Only You
    September - Halcyon
    November - New Song (For an inevitable re-release) or Don't Say A Word
    Stanning over Queen Goulding since 2009.

Don't Say A Word as a single? Insanity!
    "So you like show tunes? That doesn't mean you're gay. It just means you're AWFUL".

I really love this entire album but there's anything that I want more, I want to see My Blood as a single. Easily the best thing off this album. If that doesn't happen, heads will roll!
    You light up, light up, the dark
    And you're all the good within me
    ~ Ms. Furler

I think we can all agree that "My Blood" should be a single next spring and that "Figure 8" is the single she needs right now.

I think we can all agree that "My Blood" should be a single next spring and that "Figure 8" is the single she needs right now.
    Pretty much although that makes it seem as if 'Figure 8' is some awful, Faustian choice of single. It's still rather amazing.
    "Ardent Rihanna mud-slinger"

Originally Posted by Mushroom3 View Post
    Pretty much although that makes it seem as if 'Figure 8' is some awful, Faustian choice of single. It's still rather amazing.
    Oh, I'm sorry. Of course, I love "Figure 8". I just feel like the album isn't performing as well as it should and "Figure 8" has 'hit' written all over it.

Figure 8, Only You and My Blood are the three songs that NEED to be singles at some point, no question.

I will be very sad if 'JOY' doesn't see a single release.

I can't understand people saying 'Only You' should be a single. It's an incredible song but would completely bomb. The public would not react well to the chipmunk thing at all. 'My Blood' and 'Figure 8' are the obvious singles, after that it's a free-for-all but were I picking the singles I wouldn't even consider 'Only You'.

Originally Posted by offyourhead View Post
    Figure 8, Only You and My Blood are the three songs that NEED to be singles at some point, no question.
    Spot on, though I think Halcyon also needs to be given the single treatment too.

Only You has really surfaced as my clear favourite from the album, and I think it'd be a brilliant move to release it. Nothing else on the radio sounds like it, and because the vocal loops work as a hook in their own right it'd be quite the attention grabber from the off.
    Sixty-nine is the only dinner for two.

Only You was my instant favorite, though Figure 8 and Atlantis have usurped it.

Originally Posted by offyourhead View Post
    Yup, and Joy. It's just a case of what order, which is probably the hardest decision of all.
    I'm about to drown in the ocean.