Login To Popjustice

If this is your first visit to the 'new' Popjustice, and you had an account on the old site, click here to request a new password.

Username:
Password:

Forgot your password? | Register

*You should probably at least attempt to remember your password, though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Awww, I had no idea she was ill. Very sad news.

It was the first thing I heard when I woke up this morning and it's really sad. She was so witty and engaging. Bless her. I'm so glad I saw them in 2010 and met them afterwards.

This is really sad, i went to the reunion gigs and was talking to Jo for ages, she was so friendly and full of life.

I met Jo after the shows back in 2010 and she was soooo lovely. This is such sad news.

No! Not Jo!
    It's depressing when popstars less than a decade older than you die.
    Depending on how you see it, you cage your mind or you free it...but I just wanna hear a good beat

YES!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

FINALLY!!!

Disc: 1

1. Love Is The Slug
    2. Wait And See
    3. Jackie
    4. Spirit In The Sky
    5. Xx Sex
    6. Alive
    7. What's The Point
    8. You Got Me
    9. Hollow Girl
    10. Console Me
    11. Rules And Regulations
    12. Preconceptions

Disc: 2

1. Rules And Regulations (7-Inch Mix)
    2. Xx Sex (Ep Version)
    3. Do I Want To?
    4. She
    5. Aaarrrggghhh!!!
    6. Rockin' With Rita (Head To Toe)
    7. Fuzzy Faves
    8. Aaarrrggghhh!!! (Remix)
    9. Spirit In The Sky (Shortish Mix)
    10. Justine
    11. Radio Fuzzbox
    12. What's The Point (7-Inch Mix)
    13. Fever
    14. Fuzzy Ramblings
    15. Bohemian Rhapsody
    16. Rules And Regulations (Splendiferous Mix)
    17. Rockin' With Rita (Head To Toe) (Beach Party Mix)
    18. Love Is The Slug (Bargainous Longerer Mix)
    19. What's The Point (The Bostinous One)
    20. Rules And Regulations (Motormark Mix)
    21. Xx Sex (Gully's Mix Previously Unreleased)
    22. By The Light Of The Silvery Moon (Previously Unreleased)

wonderful!! All we need now is something similar for Big Bang!

My only memory of them is Pink Sunshine (which I love) - it really sounds similar to Kim & Nena's Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere from a few years back.

Originally Posted by swinginglondontown View Post
    The fact that Pink Sunshine hasn't been linked to yet on this thread is a travesty.

Let's remedy that

(Oooh - name the video that unintentionally references the opening shot. It's a PJ favourite)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_72Y9L7DAk
    Not sure which video you are referring to but this one reminded me of "Pink Sunshine" big time.

and YES YES YES to a "Big Bang" reissue please.

There's a poster of Fuzzbox in the new Classic Pop Magazine issue out last week. It's from the Self!-era, with the gold outfits, but unfortunately, the text in the corner of the photo says it's from their earlier days before they shortened their name and had hits with International Rescue and Pink Sunshine... ie. totally wrong!

Whoops. Not seen the new issue round these parts.

Also a bit belated, but sad to hear of Jo's passing.
    Eric's Generic World: http://ericsgenericworld.blogspot.com/

Well, we're just 18 days away from the re-issue of my DREAMS... Fuzzbox's Bostin' Steve Austin! I pre-ordered direct from Cherry Red as they often have stock a good fortnight before they hit the shops and they send them straight out to pre-ordering customers. I took some photos of the old fanmade 2CD of the album (sourced from vinyl) which was available online from a now defunct fansite in the late 90s. I'll post a link to the photos here for anyone interested;

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4c9df2d5f3

It's on Facebook (so I could share it with Maggie, basically) but it's set to "Public" so anyone should be able to view, Facebook user or not... ? It has been a very good "bootleg" to me and I just hope the offical reissue is this good! I hope lots of people have pre-ordered as it's sales will be the decider as to whether or not Big Bang! follows suit. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by anfunny2003; January 09, 2013 at 16:56.

I don't think non-FB users can access it (at least I can't).

Originally Posted by Eric Generic View Post
    I don't think non-FB users can access it (at least I can't).
    Oh. Can you see this;

I can indeed! That looks pretty good. Just shows fan-made stuff can outdo the official efforts of most proper labels. Be interesting to see how the Cherry Pop version compares.

Originally Posted by Eric Generic View Post
    I can indeed! That looks pretty good. Just shows fan-made stuff can outdo the official efforts of most proper labels. Be interesting to see how the Cherry Pop version compares.
    Excellent. There's only 6 in total so...

Blimey, they really did go the extra mile with that; very professional. Like it when discographies are included in the back of the booklet, as long as they're correct (which sometimes they're not! haha).

The good thing about the fanmade one is of course the 19 live tracks, a complete gig from 1987, soundboard quality. It's just a great shame that over time, the CD-Rs have deteriorated somehow (they look mint to the eye) and it wont play anymore. The labels are sticky labels, so I'm wondering if it's an adhesive issue or just cheap CD-Rs? Either way, I never ripped the whole thing and so it's lost. "Jason Fuzzbox" 's email address no longer works either so... sad face.

Originally Posted by anfunny2003 View Post
    Well, we're just 18 days away from the re-issue of my DREAMS... Fuzzbox's Bostin' Steve Austin!
    Thanks for the reminder I had totally forgotten this was happening. I'm going to order from wherever it's the cheapest. Fingers crossed 'Big Bang' does get a re-issue.

You're welcome! I have waited ages for this... the Smash Hits full page advert for the album actually said it was on CD back in 1986! I guess it was planned but they didn't go ahead and press it.

Well the blurb on amazon for the new CD version sounds excellent...we get Rockin With Rita at last too (my personal chartlog OCD says thanks).

Fuzzbox's Big Bang! is remastered and expanded on 2CD from Cherry Red in March 2013! Hurrah.

That's amazing news! Big Bang! is one of my desert island discs, such a good album.

I will bow down to your superior knowledge of Fuzzbox Anfunny, what extras/remixes etc can we expect?

Originally Posted by idratherjack View Post
    That's amazing news! Big Bang! is one of my desert island discs, such a good album.

I will bow down to your superior knowledge of Fuzzbox Anfunny, what extras/remixes etc can we expect?
    This isn't official, but I would imagine it'll look something like this...;

CD1 - Original 10 Track Album

CD2 - B-sides/Remixes/Rarities

01 Raining Champagne From International Rescue 7"/Cassette/12" *
    02 Barbarella From International Rescue 12"/3" CD Single
    03 Waking On Thin Ice [Single Version] From Walking On Thin Ice 7"/Cassette/12"/3" CD Single [1990]
    04 Fast Forward Futurama [Remix/Single Version] Cancelled A-side from 1989, released on Look At The Hits On That CD/DVD [2004]
    05 Your Loss, My Gain Stand Alone A-side [1990]
    06 Do I Want To? [1990 Re-recorded Version] From Your Loss My Gain 12"/CD Single [1990]
    07 Pink Sunshine [Acoustic Version] From Your Loss My Gain 7"/Cassette/12"/CD Single [1990]
    08 International Rescue [The Orgasmatron Mix] From International Rescue 12" single [1989] +
    09 Pink Sunshine [The High Octane Mix] From Pink Sunshine 12"/3" CD single [1989]
    10 Self! [The Selfish Mix] From Self! 12"/3" CD single [1989]
    11 Walking On Thin Ice [X-Static Fuzzmix] From Walking On Thin Ice 12"/3" CD single[1989]
    12 Your Loss My Gain [Extended] From Your Loss My Gain 12"/CD Single [1990]
    13 Raining Champagne [Extended Mix] From International Rescue 3" CD Single [1989]
    14 Walking On Thin Ice [Fuzzdub] From Walking On Thin Ice 12" Single [1989] *
    15 Trouble From The NME Compilation Album 'The Last Temptation Of Elvis' [1990]

* = First time on CD
    + = First time on CD in the UK

They may add something unreleased or a modern remix or two, there were some done in 2004 for the best of CD/DVD, as well as another 1990 track, You, which was touted as the next single. There's also an acoustic version of Your Loss My Gain, from the same session as the Pink Sunshine one, which turned up on the Fuzz & Nonsense budget CD. Interestingly, 7 of the 10 tracks from the Big Bang!-era are already available in demo form across a couple of other compilation CDs. It's quite interesting to assemble them in order and hear how the (almost complete) album sounds in demo form. Those tracks are...;

International Rescue
    Pink Sunshine
    Self!
    Versatile For Discos And Parties
    Irish Bride
    Do You Know?
    Raining Champagne

But I hope they don't add any of those.... there's perhaps not enough room anyway! Only because I already have them! I guess they might use up space on CD1 as that's only half full, but they didn't with Bostin' Steve Austin (but there was nothing else to be included for that era, so maybe that's why!).
    Last edited by anfunny2003; January 16, 2013 at 17:17.

Thanks for the info, sounds great! I have wanted Cherry Red to reissue this for years so it's fantastic that it's suddenly coming out in 2 months.