Posted by Popjustice on
Jul 22 2014 at about 11:38
Clean Bandit’s new video, for the Stylo G-featuring ‘Come Over’, at first seems like a brilliant example of what happens when you hand over a huge pile of cash to a video director and just keep saying yes to their increasingly deranged ideas, except they directed it themselves so make of that what you will.
It’s quite a lot to take in, so here’s a step by step guide to the significant moments.
1. There are some animals in this video.
2. Someone has recently purchased either a helicopter or a drone thing.
3. Grace, who is in somewhere that looks like Iceland so let’s call it Iceland, sings a bit on what appears to be some sort of bicycle…
4. …but it turns out to be Uber’s disappointing entry into the Let’s Call it Icelandic taxi market.
5. Grace goes to a generic sunny video location and gives it all the “come on then come on splash me come on if you think you’re hard enough” business then her dancer is like “alright then you cello-touting bastard” and Grace is all “come on then” and so on.
6. Various birds occur.
7. Stylo G goes shopping.
8. Grace stands by some water and sings.
9. Stylo G purchases a lantern.
10. Grace sits by a campfire being Generally Pensive.
11. Grace sings a bit more.
12. Stylo G stands in a paddling pool and one of his dancers drops his phone.
13. Grace and her dancers pretend to be the Spice Girls in the ‘Say You’ll Be There’ video in Let’s Call It Iceland.
14. Grace and her dancers pretend to be the Spice Girls in the ‘Say You’ll Be There’ video in the generic sunny video location.
15. Neil plays his violin near some children and if anyone reading this is concocting any sort of fiddle-based LOL they need to have a long hard look at themselves.
16. Jack’s back in Let’s Call It Iceland.
17. More dogs.
18. Your car may well have broken down Luke but no taxi’s going to pick you up if you insist on banging that massive drum.
19. Grace drifts around in some water. More General Pensiveness.
20. What’s this supposed to be? Elk? Moose? CARIBOU?! It’s not a reindeer is it? It’s probably one of that lot anyway.
21. Stylo G rides a horse behind a tree while he’s rapping but they keep it in anyway. This was probably the fifteenth take.
22. “Do you know why I’m dressed like this? Do you know why you are on my hand?”
23. Various children are like “bollocks to this, we’re off to be in a less ridiculous video, didn’t someone say Rudimental were doing a new one round the corner?”
24. Luke bangs away on a sandy land mass.
[Apologies, we added the aeroplane ourselves to make the shot look more interesting.]
25. Neil plays his violin in a doorway.
26. Luke sums up this whole video in one facial expression.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the new Clean Bandit video.
Posted by Popjustice on
Jul 18 2014 at about 09:02
Popjustice’s Deluxe Edition is back NEXT WEDNESDAY and the lineup is, let’s be honest, pretty banging.
You will experience a little bit of this.
As well as a little bit of this.
And a little bit of this.
PLUS A LOAD OF THIS.
As ever entry’s free and so, this month, is a limited amount of booze, but both entry and booze are on a first come, first served basis so please plan your evening accordingly. You’ll need to be on the guestlist to get in, and you can register using the form below. See you next Wednesday!