Posted by Popjustice on
May 24 2013 at about 15:42
Don’t ask us, we obviously haven’t heard it, but:
1. This image is brilliant. It’s a shame they’re not using it for the official artwork but we suppose it might be a bit ‘Jesusy’ for that. Anyway we suppose the main point of the image and us saying it’s brilliant is that it’s quite bold and charismatic and unusual but also interesting, ie all the things Jessie herself is on a good day.
2. She’s done ‘Wild’ – for that is the name of the song under discussion – acoustically already. There are clips knocking around, as you may have seen, but we haven’t listened to the clips because we don’t want any ‘spoilers’ and there’s no better way of ‘spoiling’ an amazing song than having to endure it acoustically. If you would like to watch/hear the song, you can do that here. WARNING: ACOUSTICISM FOLLOWS.
If there’s anything you think we need to know, tell us in the comments below.
3. One of the main things missing from the acoustic version is Dizzee Rascal, whose hard-to-secure services Jessie has somehow managed to obtain for her new tune. (Big Sean is on it as well.) We have mixed feelings about artists making comebacks with big guest stars. It feels like it dilutes the impact of the big reveal, and Iin moments like this the spotlight should really just be on the star making the comeback. Roping in rappers isn’t a sign of weakness or nervousness per se and we’re not saying Dizzee and Sean have been introduced as a response to some perceived need to underline Jessie’s position as a more dynamic and ‘young’ artist in the face of competition from someone like Emeli Sandé, but it’s a shame ‘Wild’ won’t be the big ‘LOOK AT ME I’M BACK AND I’M AMAZING’ moment it could have been.
4. We’re not so keen on the new logo.
Although it’s quite interesting that both logos have exactly the same dimensions. (THAT’S NOT INTERESTING IN ANY POSSIBLE SENSE – THE WORLD)
5. Anyway the single’s premiering on Sunday, probably as part of some insufferable hashtag jamboree (she’s already suggested that we get ‘#WILD’), so keep your eye on Twitter over the weekend then let’s meet back here on Monday morning to discuss what’s ‘gone down’. Jessie J is generally a good pop thing so we’re hoping for a 9/10 belter here.
In the meantime, and in the words of the image we’ve just nicked off Jessie’s official Facebook page: